Difference between MBL and My cloud

What’s are the differences betwen MBL and My Cloud?

I read that the my cloud PC app works with MBL.  Do you guys know if the mobile apps work too?

Thanks.

Yes the mobile app works. The differences as far as I can gather are far faster read and write speeds ( up to 87MB/s ) a USB 3.0 port for adding extra space and it works wirelessly as well as via ethernet.

1 Like

Riscon wrote:

…it works wirelessly as well as via ethernet.

Say what?   Where do you see that it’s wireless?

If you attached a usb 3.0 drive to that My cloud, can you transfer existing files in the my cloud drive directly into the usb 3.0 port with faster speeds than say if you connected via gigabit ethernet?

Thanks I’ll have to check out the new mobile apps too.

Those are FAST read/write speeds.  Now I wish I had the new drive :(.  Was going to set up my other sister with the drive too so maybe I’ll give her mine and get a new one for myself :).

heehee62 wrote:

If you attached a usb 3.0 drive to that My cloud, can you transfer existing files in the my cloud drive directly into the usb 3.0 port with faster speeds than say if you connected via gigabit ethernet?

Via command line, yes, you can do that using basic Copy (cp) or Move (mv) commands.   But since there’s no web file manager, and the USB is considered a different share, it must still use the network if you use Windows to initiate the transfer.

The main differences between the MBL and the My Cloud are the new hardware (dual core processor, USB 3.0, direct camera photo uploading, My Cloud desktop app, Twonky 7 DLNA, easy to setup with a new user interface that includes mobile support, and dropbox connectivity via SmartWare Pro.

1 Like