Desperated - MBL

:cry: I’m desperated…from one day to another my MBL does not work…it was working perfectly and suddenly it does not appear in the PC…not in WD Photos or MyCloud IOS apps…its IP it’s not shown in the router…I can’t see its MAC address connected to the router…and no green light, just blue one (8 seconds) and a flash of yellow light (1 second).

I’ve not updated any firmware, no router new set-up, I’ve not touched anything!!! And just blue during 8 seconds, a flash yellow light and start again… .

I’ve read some posts and to be honest I haven’t seen any solution from WD, I really expect a solution from them. Some users decided to unbrik the MBL but I’m terrified by thinking I could lose my data.

Dear WD Sirs: what is this error, why it is happening and how can it be fixed without losing data? What can I do??? 

Thanks for your support.

Manelcius1973 wrote:

:cry: I’m desperated…from one day to another my MBL does not work…it was working perfectly and suddenly it does not appear in the PC…not in WD Photos or MyCloud IOS apps…its IP it’s not shown in the router…I can’t see its MAC address connected to the router…and no green light, just blue one (8 seconds) and a flash of yellow light (1 second).

I’ve not updated any firmware, no router new set-up, I’ve not touched anything!!! And just blue during 8 seconds, a flash yellow light and start again… .

I’ve read some posts and to be honest I haven’t seen any solution from WD, I really expect a solution from them. Some users decided to unbrik the MBL but I’m terrified by thinking I could lose my data.

Dear WD Sirs: what is this error, why it is happening and how can it be fixed without losing data? What can I do??? 

Thanks for your support.

Dude I’ve seen this in the past and your MBL is stuck on booting. It can be a bad power supply, or the drive itself gone physically bad and unable to deliver enough power to keep spinning. I don;t hink there’s much you can do other than calling WD for a power supply if you’re under warranty.

If you’re lucky then that will wake the drive up, but if it doesn’t all they’ll do is replacing it. You can try the de-brick but that doesn’t address physical malfunctions.

Thanks mate for your support.

I’ve tried with another power supply…same result…also tried with different cable & port in the router…again no success.

Deffinitively the HD tries to wake up but it can’t do it. I’m going to try the de-brick (I don’t want to replace it and lose all the data), hoping the problem is not physical.