DLNA and file sort order

Why do all of the clients I use view the music files on my WD NAS in alphabetical order.

I am using DLNA as the media server option.

I have trawled the internet and this seems to be a common problem.

The music files in an album need to be displayed in track order not alphbetic order.

This is crazy.

Some people using the Twonkey server have managed to sort this out.

Can anyone give me a solution

If not come on WD sort thi problem out.

Hello, see if the following link helps.

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/Sort-order-of-music-file-by-physical-name-or-track-numebr-in/m-p/331153/highlight/true#M7935

I’ve got exactly the same problem.

I’m running windows 7, mbl 3tb, and streaming my music on a marantz mcr 510

I found only 1 solution and that is to change the title of the file in the folder.

I did this from windows. I selected the “details” tab from the “properties” menu. then I put 01, 02, 03 in front of the track;s titles. This made the DLNA server play the tracks in the original order.

But I don’t like the solution because it takes a lot of time to do this manually for all my ripped CD ; s

Anyone got a better solution?

I am running windows 8.1 64 bit edition with a Marantz MCR-510 mini system and I’m getting the same sort order issues with my playlists, would be keen to find a soilution.

I am using older Marantz mcr-603 mini-system. To listen tracks in original album order I have to sort it by “ALBUM” when opening “MUSIC SERVER” in Marantz. It is the only way. All other sorting methods (by “ARTIST”, by “FOLDER” etc.) offered by Marantz menu sort  tracks in alphabetical order. The only difficulty using “ALBUM” sorting is to remember who performs the album. When you have hundreds of them - its a problem. Some times I sort by “AUTHOR”, find the needed album and switch to “ALBUM” sorting.

I meant in my upper post using Marantz mini-sistem with MBL and WD MyCloud and their built in mediaservers (Twonky or WD doesn’t matter) directly, not with Windows  PC or Laptop. It seems to me it is the way Marantz sorts that way, as its firmware is programmed. Marantz is connected to router as MBL is.

It is a real pity that this is still an open issue and WD is forcing people into hacking their box instead of solving this issue.

Sorting files by track number should be standard. Tell my one reason why I would want the files sorted alphabetically by track title? 

I’m trying to stream music from my tablet to a bluetooth speaker, and its annoying to do this when the tracks are in alphabetical order.

I need to be able to create playlists or view them in a decent music player.