Change the default Workgroup name to " NÄTVERK "

I already have two NAS model of My Book Studio Edition II. Havejust bought my NAS and this time I chose a World Book Live.

The problem below do not include my two My Book Studio Edition II. The problem only includes my most recent purchase, that is My World Book Live which funnily enough is the later date of manufacture.

Since I live in Sweden, called my home network for years " NÄTWERK " (Swedish spelling for network with the Swedish letter " Ä “) instead of the default name WORKGROUP.  When I try konfiguerera my new  World Book Live says “no no no -”  31206  - Workgroup name must be an alphanumeric value, may contain dashes, and be between 1 and 16 characters”.

I take that as that I can not use the Swedish letters ÅÄÖ.

Is there any workaround on this problem so I do not have re:name the network in all the computers in the house?

Yeah, that’s a nasty limitation…  definitely not “Compliant” with Windows standards…

Anyway, you’ll have to change it in the Samba configuration file.   You’ll need to read instructions on how to do it with unicode characters.

Samba sound great, but  I guess this is nothing for me. Im not to comfortable to mess with something called Samba file…

I need an application that “just do it”… and if there aren’t any…

Thanks anyway!

BR Ola