Cant login to MyBook Live via HTTP

Hi,

I read a similar post, bit unfortunatelly without conclusion.

I have Problems login into MyBook Live. When I enter the correct password I returns me to the login page without an error Message. If I try to enter a wrong password, it tells me the password is wrong. Thats the only difference.

I can login via ssh. There I see the root filesystem is full.

Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/md0               1968336   1968336         0 100% /
tmpfs                     5120         0      5120   0% /lib/init/rw
udev                     10240      6784      3456  67% /dev
tmpfs                     5120         0      5120   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                   102400      3840     98560   4% /tmp
ramlog-tmpfs             20480      5696     14784  28% /var/log
/dev/sda4            1941348672 1881270016  60078656  97% /DataVolume

I tried to move some files away to another filsystem from /var/twonkeymedia, but I could not get a single kbyte available.

After a reboot nothing changed.

Does anybody know how to get out of this?

Thx and best regards

Ohosch

Hi and welcome to the WD community.

Try to reset unit and see if you get the same results. Lets see if another user that can help by sharing some tips or information on this matter can assist.

Same exact situation here.Hope we find answer. Read reinstall of firmware could fix issue. A manual install of this firmware can be done via ssh but I am not yet up on the procedure to do so. At least we pre enabled ssh otherwise may be no solution. If you try an apt-get update you get told not enough space???

Just found this throuhg ssh

/usr/local/sbin/factoryRestore.sh noreformat

reboot

i can get past login now

After a reeboot/reset nothing was better. Or is there another reset option than rebooting the linux system?

Did not try to apt-update / apt- distupgrade yet. Lets see if it will do anything. But I doubt that this will have an effect with a full filesystem. …

… Yes as expected:

MyBookLive:~# apt-get update
Get:1 http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg [1655B]
Err http://ftp.us.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg
  Error writing to output file - write (28 No space left on device) [IP: 64.50.236.52 80]

Evend doing the source update cannot be done as the device cannot write the result to the harddisk.

So the first way out of this would be to free up space on the File System.

@ iamk2

great. Congratulations. Hope your Data is fully available. But I expect you need to do all settings again.

I just found a huge amount of datat that I placed in /root/ by accident. By removing this I got back 30% capaity on the root filesystem.

I can login again and everything is fine. :slight_smile:

Thanks to all reading/thinking and resonding to my issue.