Cant log into mybooklive private shares

Hi

Ive got a 3tb mybooklive and I’ve been using it for about 3 months just fine just using the public shares as I am the only one accessing it. Now im trying to use the private shares and setting up different users and it is just not working at all. I’ve had the public part of my drive mapped which means that everytime I boot, the share keeps reappearing (I’ve read this might interfere with the login credentials), but then I use the CMD net use del so it says that there are no entries left . Also, whenever I try and log into the private shares, it shows these login screens.

In this I can enter anything and it ill carry on to the next screen. Ive tried my admin credentials for my pc and for the drive.

login3.JPG

It then gives me this window, where I enter my admin details for my drive

login2.JPG

I then get this last notification. If I try and do the same thing in the command line I get the same kind of message (System Error 1219)

Another thing I’ve noticed, is that even though it says that the pc and the drive are in the same workgroup, my pc will try and log me on into the MILESVAIO domain if I click on the “Use Another Account” in the first image. im not sure if this will change anything in the process.

Sorry for the essay, If anyone could help I  would be very grateful.

The error message (and System error 1219) both are telling you the same thing.

SOMEWHERE in your system, it’s memorized the credentials to use for your PC, and it’s trying to use admin only.

One test for this is to connect to it via IP address instead of by name:

\192.168.10.10\Miles

(Or whatever the IP address of your MBL is.)

If that works, then you know that’s the case.

Would I connect to that through the map drive option or the command line?

Thanks for replying

Either way…

Hi

First I use net use * /del to clear all connections.

So I try and log into the private folder “miles” through the network folder in explorer and I get this box.

1.JPG

I log in using the IP address I got from the web portal and the admin details I have set up

2.JPG

This window then pops up and I enter my admin details again (the password is the same, it just replaces the one typed in with more letters for some reason). When I enter it the window just pops up about 3 times.

3.JPG

This window then pops up and thats the end of it.

Did I enter anything in the wrong place?

How would I do this through the command line and would it work any better?

Thanks again