Cannot found My Book Live using "My Book Live Setup"

There is a Green Light and I can connect it VIA the Chrome but “My Book Live Setup”  please see the attachment.

The frameware has been upgraded to “MyBookLive 02.42.02-012 : Core F/W”

What should I do ?

iMac 27" with Mountain Lion

Hello, you can also map the My Book Live manually by using the steps from the link below. 

How to map a WD network drive on a Mac

1 Like

thx lchigo

Q1) I tried afp:.// instead of smb://.  Any concerns ?

Q2) On the other hand, I cannot find The TimeMachineBackup (screenshot)  from my Time Machine setting, unless type below command in terminal and restart.  “defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 1”

Is it a correct way to do that ?

Q3)  if touchwood my mac crashed, how to restore whole backup from My Book Live to Mac ?   Needa command line to mount drive and use Q2 command ?  Could you provide a detail steps

Hi, sorry for the delay. Yes, you can use AFP to map the My Book. For detailed questions on how to use Time Machine I recommend you to contact apple support directly, they should be able to provide all of the information you need. You can check the link below for some basic steps. 

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1427 

the link u provided didn’t mentioned NAS.

Um… This is the worst experience on WD product. I bought more than 5 ext hdd and this is my first NAS. It claims supporting mountain lion but almost all software are not working on my Mac and I have to use command to map it.

Angus-T, please check your private messages.