Cannot access mybooklive on network

Hi I have a mybooklive 2TB which i purchased some time ago. It was working fine up till a week ago as I went on holiday i left it plugged in as I wanted to access the files remotely via wd2go. however while away i was unable to access remotely after a few days away. Since returning the drive does not appear on the network list of any computers or tv’s the light on the front is not on . However that hasn’t appeared for sometime, but hasn’t made any difference in the running of the drive. the light on the back of the model where i plug the network cable in has a green light from time to time.

I really dont want to lose my work I have backed up on the drive I even tried resetting the model but I couldn’t tell if thats done anything.

I hope someone could help me

Awaiting any help

Thanks

Kunal

p.s I may not be that computer literate so please bear with me.

Hello,

Try resetting the drive by holding the reset button on the back for 4-6 seconds. Also try a power cycle.

Hi,

Thanks for the respnse.  I hate to sound daft but would resetting the box would that format it, also I’m unsure as to what a power cycle is?

Thanks

Kunal

have a look at the user’s manual

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?wdc_lang=en&fid=wdsfMyBook_Live

Hi I tried a power cycle this made no difference I was then told by wd to reset and plug a network cable directly to the box into my laptop and then try and access it in the network section no such luck again . I did notice the two lights on the back with the network cable one is amber when I plug into my router. When I plug into my laptop they both are green. Could this mean something.

Any help be great.

Regards

Kunal

when you look at the LAN client table in your router’s set up page, do you see the MBL? 

You might have a bricked MBL. There are guides on this forum for debricking a MBL