Cannot access MyBookLive via WD2Go after upgrade to Windows 8.1

I see that this problem is affecting many users, but find no real solution in posts. It seems it is a known problem and am curious if WD is researching this issue.

I have been able to access my drive via WD2Go for a couple month using Windows 8 with no problem. Since updating to Windows 8.1, I am no longer able to access. After logging into WD2Go, I am presented with prompt for password to my drive (normal). After entering password a prompt of some sort flashes across bottom of page. It disappears before I can read it and respond. I am immediately redirected to the Oracle website.

I have Java 7 update 25 installed for both 32 and 64 bit. I have tried with just 32 bit and also with just 64 bit.  I have the same issue no matter what. All plug-ins are enabled.

I appreciate any help you can provide, but would appreciate if you refrain from non helpful answers like “you have wrong Java installed”.

Thanks.

Hello,

As a suggestion I recommend that you uninstall Java and then reinstall it.

Usually when you get redirected to the Oracle website is because of a Java issue.

@HDKnows,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried that multiple times to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Hello,

Try using another Web Browser.

@HDKnows,

I did just that. I tried with Chrome and it works fine. That suggests to me that Java is installed and working correctly. I am still clueless as to why IE 11 suddenly stopped working with upgrade to Win 8.1.