Can't find my book live

I just upgraded my modem/router toTP-Link W8980 plugged in the hard drive I’m getting a green light on the front a lower green on the back and flashing green on the top. Was working fine before.I then tried  putting the setup disc in wifi HP laptop windows 7 wont find.

Let the My Book Live fully boot, then press the reset button on the back for about 4 to 5 seconds.

The drive will boot again, and the passwords and network config will be reset to defaults (which means it will need to get a DHCP address from your new router.)

This will NOT delete your data.

The setup disk should be able to find it after that.

1 Like

Tried that no good, the light on the front is a pale green almost clear light compaired to the rears. I disabled the fire wall, connected via cable to the router still no good. Went on line and downloaded WD link and tried still no good. Rang TP Link(that was a mistake !#$@) 

when I push the reset button there is no visible action appearing and I’ve tried it several times as well as changing cables and ports.

Help!

gregoow wrote:

when I push the reset button there is no visible action appearing and I’ve tried it several times as well as changing cables and ports.

Help!

You’re pressing and holding it for four-five seconds?

yes tried it for 15 secs the last time then gave it 20 minutes to think things over. what does it mean when the lower rear light is green instead of amber.

and buy the way thank you TonyPh12345 for trying to help me.

Green is gigabit Ethernet, amber is 100megabit.

Look at your router’s DHCP client table. Find what IP address your router has given your MBL.  Is the MBL listed there? If not, then i would bet that your MBL has a static IP which is not within the range of IPs your router can assign.  To fix this, plug in your old router to the MBL, look up the DHCP table, get the IP of your MBL, then http://ipaddress/UI/  then in the Dashboard go to Network and change it to Dynamic IP. When done, you can connect to your new router and see if your new router assigns an IP address to the MBL (look at DHCP table).  if so, then http://ipaddress/UI.