Can't access Mybooklive all of a sudden

Hello, 

My, MBL paused when transferring a file over ethernet from my Mac to the device. It just never completed the process.

Since the crash I can not access it at all.   It also no longer appears on my network. 

Unfortunately the front led has long gone, So I can’t tell the status. ( clearly I am experiencing problems)

I have tried the restart at the back, as well as the usual disconnects of power and router. It’s out of warranty too.

Any ideas for my next step.  

Many thanks.

Welcome to the Community.

Do you feel the NAS vibrating or do you hear the hard drive spinning? Is you NAS at least detected in your router even if it’s not detected in your Mac? How does it behave in a Windows system?

Hello! I’m new now too.

Oddly this very same thing happened to me yesterday too only I’m using Win 7.

My NAS is showing all signs of operation (blinky green lights, noise, vibs etc) including the wireless router stating it’s IP.

One concern I have is the steady green light on the front never sleeps but does respond (so I think) when I attempt to “discover” the server from my computer.

I thought I might have a problem with .Net 4 so I repaired it instead of uninstalling.

I’m just thinking maybe the NAS board is pooched? I don’t know but I think I’m going ahead and removing .Net 4 and reinstalling.

I accidently ran .Net 1 install from a mem stick before the problem but install stopped.

My printer is attached to the same router and it works okay.

Anyway… I’ll post more troubleshooting techniques I’ve done here.

Thanks for the reply,

On powering up, it certainly sounds like the drive spins up. I never paid close attention before , but it sounds as how I would expect it to sound,  no odd noises or straining.

Just the same on windows.  I can’t see it there either. 

I have tried different ethernet cables too.    I also don’t see it in my router.

Thanks

SORRY FOR HIGHJACKING YOUR THREAD, I JUST REALIZED YOUR ISSUE IS TOTALLY UNCONNECTED.

I have had the same problem yesterday out of nowhere. I have been trying all day to access the dashboard with no success and only now have been able to access the drive from WDmycloud on my iphone and from my mac, which basically proves that it is working. I have tried to reinstall Java and access the drive both from Yosemite and Windows 7 virtual machine. I keep getting error mesages and can’t access either from finder on the shared section, although it appears there. So basically any network access is impossible at the moment. Can I do anything with the router that would solve this? It seems the drive is fine at the moment otherwise, at the moment it has the static blue led on which tells me its idle… 

I have the same problem. Thursday afternoon I was transfering some movies to the drive when the tranfer hung half way through. Upon inspection I noticed that the MBL was no longer showing as a device in finder. 

Logged into router GUI and it no longer shows on my network.

Solid BLUE LED which occassionally blinks at 5-10 sec intervals. 

Power cycled/40 sec reset to no avail.

Called WD who after telling me to do all of the stuff I had already done, advised my that the unit is dead.

It still sounds like it is doing stuff (ie spins up etc) LEDS on the back are green. 

**bleep**? 

Isn’t it weird that multiple people are experiencing this all of a sudden?

Using MAC Yos 10.10

Latest Firmware. 

???

Any ideas? 

Hi all

I join the club…

Have a MBL 2TB (2 years old), which I always access via a MacBook (OSX Mavericks). Since about 3 days, I can’t get into the MBL any more. Although it always appears in finder, it states “connection failed” within 1 - 2 s after clicking on the icon. The MBL itself shows static green led and sometimes static blue. I saw that the static green led instantly blinks one or two times after clicking the icon to connect, then it turns back to static green and nothing happens.

When accessing via the WD MyCloud app, the files on the MBL appear, but keep loading continuously and never show the contents.

When accessing via SmartWare, the Dashboard doesn’t open…

Rebooting both the MBL and the MacBook didn’t change anything…

About a year ago, I suddenly had a similar problem, with the MBL not appearing in finder any more. This problem resolved spontaneously after an OSX software update. 

This time, the day I couldn’t access the MBL anymore I noticed that some security update from Apple had been running automatically on the Mac, could this have something to do with it?

All advise welcome!

I have managed since yesterday to access shares on finder by going to Wdmycloud and signing in online, then mapping the drives under my MBL’s IP address on the finder side bar. I can access the folders that way. 

HOWEVER, Still no access to the Dashboard. It is indeed weird it is happening to so man people at the same time. Best guess is it has something to do with Yosemite which seems to be stil full of wifi related bugs!

If you are on Mavericks don’t rush out of what had proven quite a stable OSX…

Hi mirkokid

I have managed since yesterday to access shares on finder by going to Wdmycloud and signing in online, then mapping the drives under my MBL’s IP address on the finder side bar. I can access the folders that way. Signing in online works, then the folders keep loading. How did you map the drives under the MBL IP address on the finder side bar?

If you are on Mavericks don’t rush out of what had proven quite a stable OSX…I’m still on Mavericks, this MacBook is about 6 yrs old, didn’t feel like upgrading again (coming from Leopard originally) and, indeed, having read many bad criticisms about Yosemite.

Nevertheless, that makes the current issue not a Yosemite-only problem, since I’m experiencing it too on Mavericks…

Fatcap_Mac wrote:

Hi mirkokid

Signing in online works, then the folders keep loading. How did you map the drives under the MBL IP address on the finder side bar?

I wento to WDMyCloud, signed in as Admin and pressed Open in Finder for wach of the shares I wanted to map.

Nevertheless, that makes the current issue not a Yosemite-only problem, since I’m experiencing it too on Mavericks…

Ok, so its’ not Yosemite only. Something must be about from the WD end then, because all of a sudden there is plenty of people mentioning this problem.

Thanks for everyones input.

As I say, it’s not only on my Mac.  And as memory serves my firmware was set to NOT auto update.  

I’m just accepting it’s a dead drive. Out of warranty, so I’ll be saving the internal drive when I get a sata to usb cable delivered.  

Thanks 

A dead drive…that’s pretty definitive…

I’ve created a ticket at WD support and linked this thread in the accompanying message. I’ll see how it goes from there…

If it is indeed a dead drive, I sure hope to be able to salvage all the data somehow…

I too am having the same issue. I am going to call in an create a support ticket…Following this thread

Hi guys, we have passed this along to support.