Can't access Dashboard... Can access files etc but not dashboard

Hi,

I’m really not very technical; I brought this device some time ago and it worked well for some time but then it stopped allowing me to access the dashboard. I have been trying to find fix for this but I just can’t access the dashboard meaning I can’t do a factory restore (which is my goal) or even update the drive with the latest firmware.

Can anyone help? I type in the mbl address in a browser and it just tries to connect but nothing happens, it doesn’t load. I can get to Twonky media server and I can explore the drive through windows explorer.

Am really stuck but please bear with me, I’m really not very technical!

Thanks,

R

Can you access by going to http://mybooklive/UI/ instead of the IP address?

That doesn’t work either or any of the other sub pages

i have the exact same problem.

i bougth my MBL last week, and all worked fine, i tried to update, it blocked and since then no dashboard.

Contacted WD but so far nothing more then use this URL check the lights, and reboot this and that.

the network indicators near the ethernet cable are following.

Above = flashing green

Below = constant green

as far as i know the below network indicator should be amber/brown coloured.

i can access the shares on my computer and my laptop, but can’t access dashboard or any URL, the apps for phone & tablet don’t work either.

Hi,

I just noticed this thread. To both users with Dashboard difficulties- have you tried using the hardware reset button on the back of the MBL? If not, insert the end of a straightened paperclip into the opening above the USB port. Hold the button down for 15-20 seconds, then wait for the drive to finish rebooting (~5 minutes).Then try again to access the Dashboard, either by IP, by name, or via Quick View.

This will not affect the data on the drive, but it will reset the password to the default of “admin”, and set the address to DHCP (auto). It deletes any users except admin, and sets the name of the drive back to the default, “MyBookLive”.