Can only access one of two 3TB MyBooks from internet

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere - I couldn’t find anything pertinent.

I have two 3TB MyBook Live devices hooked up to my router and I can access them both fine from my intranet.

However, when I log on to the MyCloud app or wd2go.com, I see both, but can only access one of them.

On the desktop I get a “ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED” error, on mobile it says “Invalid request. (404)”.

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this?

Thank you!

Hans

Actually it is really weird; apparently on my phone (Android app) I can access the 2nd driver intermittently, but not all the time.

Could it have anything to do with not being able to access the drive from several places at the same time (if it does, I haven’t been able to nail it down yet).

Hello,

Are you using both units with statics IP? If not, please try that as it will help you to have an steady connection on the units.

Also you can try testing the drive by it self to see they do the same.

Yes, they both have static IPs. I’m not quite sure what you mean by testing the drive by itself? Could you elaborate, please? Thanks!

Also make sure that both are configured to use different external ports.

If you’re using AUTOMATIC configuration on the MBL, your router will be able to tell you which ports are in use.

If you’re using MANUAL configuration, you need to make sure the ports are unique, and that your router is correctly configured to forward to the correct IPs.

The Connection Refused message can come up if both are using the same port – the router will send the requests to the wrong one which will refuse to allow the connection.

The devices are both set to Automatic - shouldn’t that avoid the problem?

I’ll try manual and let you know if that solves the issue. Thanks!

ghiros wrote:

The devices are both set to Automatic - shouldn’t that avoid the problem?

Yes, it should, as long as UPnP on your router is functioning correctly… You should be able to look in your router’s configuration pages to ensure that the router is assigning unique ports to each MBL.