Occasional Advisor
norm43

Re: Can not longer access mybooklive/UI/#

OK, well i'm not sending my drive with all my personal data to WD, so if I crack open the case and take the drive out how do I fix the OS??  Does someone know of a step by step guide I can use with a windows machine to get this done??

Thanks!

WD, I'm not impressed.....

Advisor
jstrathman

I had WD send me the replacement drive before I sent them my original one back. That way I could copy my data over and clean out the bricked drive before sending it back.
Community Manager
Bill_S

norm43 wrote:

OK, well i'm not sending my drive with all my personal data to WD, so if I crack open the case and take the drive out how do I fix the OS??  Does someone know of a step by step guide I can use with a windows machine to get this done??

Thanks!

WD, I'm not impressed.....

Maybe you should contact WD first, before ruining your warranty, and see if they can help you. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Occasional Advisor
norm43

Well, after speaking with WD tech support, my case has been escalated....    And I am supposed to hear back from them before the end of the week......

I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about this.....

Honored Contributor
Myron

Please do tell how you get on. The whole WD community will be interested how to get at their files on a bricked W.D. MyBook Live without cracking open the case.

Advisor
jstrathman

Norm43- how did you get your case escalated in WD without their simple response of send it in and we'll replace it with a re-certified unit?
Occasional Advisor
norm43

jstrathman,

I never got their standard offer of "send it in for a refurb unit"...

I just gave their 1-800 number a call, and went throught the usual "try this, and reboot and try that and reboot" with the WD tech on the phone, and he gave me a case number and said that he had to escalate...(possibly beyond his knowledge?).   In all honesty, everything he asked me to try, I had already tried thanks to all the post i've found here....  I'm not holding my breath.....

Occasional Visitor
Voyager9

Just read your mail, and wondered if you have eventulay got a Fix for the Non UI access problem.

I have two x 1TB MybookLive drives since November 2011.

The first one failed after upgrad to latest f/w ( purchased new 16th Nov 2011 replaced with new drive on 30th Nov 2011.

The second NAS is now not allowing me to login to Dashboard via Firefox http://IPaddress/UI etc Just times out

Tried SSH access to root and got further but still no Dashboard access.

At one stage could login using WD 2 GO and got error with DYNAMICCONFIG file is truncated.

Still waiting for WD support top reply to my Support case.

Very frustrating I Like the WD NAS but need to find a Key for the Front Door?? to edit the Dashboard Options !!

Come on WD Get your finger out!

Frequent Advisor
QuadraGuy

Voyager9:

Check the follwoing topic for a possible fix:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/About-MBL-not-going-to-sleep-log-files-filling-system-parti...

Myron tracked the bricked Dashboard UI in my case to a couple of thing which once fixed got me back up and running (sort of).  After that I carried out a "Quick factory Restore" and have been running at 100% (i.e. accessing the DB UI, ssh & all WD 2go services) for the last 3 days now.  There is a way using a sh command to restore without losing all your share data which is outlined in the following topic:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/new-My-Book-LIve/m-p/299058/highlight/true#M6332

check the 9th post by BBBBBrandon (a WD Staff).

Hope this helps get you back up and running...

Jamie

Occasional Advisor
norm43

I still haven't heard back from WD yet....   I'm calling them tonight...  This needs to be resolved soon...

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD