Can not longer access mybooklive/UI/#

Yes Tony. That would be awseome and quite possibly dooable.  For example…  I’ve already seen it’s possible to do a factory restore without formatting.  So…  Performing a factory restore without format could move all the shares into the root of the Public folder maybe some other named directory under the Public folder could be the container for all the shares.  Once that is done the procedure to perform a factory restore without format ALREADY seems to be in place!!!

After design a procedure where directories can be moved internally within the MBL from one share to any another only by the administrator/owner via the Dashboard UI.  I know this can be done as I’ve moved gigabytes of data from one irectory to another on the MBL using the mv command on the Linux command line.  Just need to design a user friendly interface for a-n-other user who may know nothing about Linux.

If there is a limitation with the reset button in hardware then something like this can be built in.

• Press the rest button for over 4 second.
  • The MBL the waits for 20 seconds for a second activation of the reset button.
  • If this does not happen then the standard reset and reboot happens as it does now.
  • If there is a second reset button activation within the wait period then an additional 20 second wait is added and if there is no third activation of the reset button then the no-data-loss factory restore is performed and an add.
  • If there is a third activation of the reset buttoin then the standard reboot ans/or factory reset/restore is aborted.

The reset requested can be indicated by the colour of the LED on the front of the MBL.

Maybe you could have a fourth recet action where a full destructive factory restore is performed BUT provide the option for an additional press of the reset button which can cancel any and all of the reset actions?

That would be a good addition.   :slight_smile:

Possibly, maybe, rearrange this so the activation sequence could go like this…

1. Reset networking to DHCP, clean owner password and reboot.
  2. SSH is anabled. No networking reset, password reset or reboot.
  3. Abort reset action.
  4. Factory restore without format.
  5. Factory restore with format.
  6. Abort reset action.

I can see this would work very well. At least enabling SSH will allow W.D. technical support a route into the back to see what’s gone wrong.

A common sense approach.  :smiley: