Can I roll back to previous firmware level from latest?

Having foolishly allowed auto update on the box I am having all sorts of issues which did not exist previously. So I want to roll back to the previous firmware level. How do I go about this?

Stuart

Hi, can you share what problems are you having? 

Well the main annoyance is that it seems  I need to enter a user and password when trying to connect to it from a W7 system to access the public folder. On my Linux system I dont need this and prior to the f/w update my W7 system did not either.

Stuart

Hi again, it shouldn’t be necessary to enter any password to access the public share, even with the latest firmware. You can check page 48 of the manual to review the steps to manually map the public folder, or you can also use WD Discovery to map it. 

Manual

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705058.pdf#page=53

How to install WD Discovery on Windows 

I have a second PC with W7 Professional installed and when I tried accessing the public share on that PC I did not get prompted for a user or password, it just opened. I dont have any of the WD software installed, I just let W7 download the driver from the Windows update and all was well. Strange that W7 Home Premium on the other PC prompts, and I dont want shares mapped normally anyway.

Stuart

Almost same issue here. After firmware upgrade I cant acces automatically my public share using finder on Mavericks. I ve already opened a thread but nobody has a solution so i want to roll back to the previous firmware. Any help will be very welcome.

The issue you describe at face value seems to be expected behavior

What causes this behavior?

1. the username on your local pc is the same as an account on a remote system

2. the passowrd on the local and remote systems are different

When both of the above are true, two things can happen

A.

if you are connecting a linux share then you will be prompted for an account to use

B

(NOTE: I added this just for reference, as its for windows systems)

if you are connecting to a windows share, you will not be prompted

but get something worse, either flat out denied, or locked in as guest account etc.

the only way to deal with this one is to go to a command prompt

and issue two commands

net use * /DELETE

net use \ servername /USER:username

which will then prompt you for the password on the remote windows system

C

So what choices do you have?

Make sure the account names on both systems are different

Or use the current prompting scenario

Thank you for your help but none of option 1 and 2 are true in my system. I have different accounts but same password. I can connect to my shares using smb and manually connecting to it. Using afp i cant connect to the public share anymore. All my other devices can still connect to the mbld. The only problem are the macs running mavericks. 

Is there a link to an older version of firmware?  I’d like to roll back to debug the network drop issue? 

I am at 3.01.04.  Would like to go back to 3.01.02 or earlier to see if it fixes the drop.

THanks

If anyone has the older file, PM me.

Jeff

They are located here

http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-558327/previous-firmware-download-links-for-wd-mbl