Cannot delete backup file on mybooklive, mac time machine file

i have gone the the backup section of the drive and clicked the little trash can and confirmed delete, however, it gives me a please wait status for about 10 minutes and then acts like its complete.  Upon refreshing the page, the file reappears showing up as the same size and original time/date stamp.

anything special i have to do??

BRBENNETT wrote:

i have gone the the backup section of the drive and clicked the little trash can and confirmed delete, however, it gives me a please wait status for about 10 minutes and then acts like its complete.  Upon refreshing the page, the file reappears showing up as the same size and original time/date stamp.

anything special i have to do??

Don’t you have to drag and drop the folder/file into the trashcan before it will be deleted?

I think he is refering to the Dashboard interface in My Book Live.

A couple quesitons on this problem.

Is this for a smartware backup or TimeMachine?

Did the backup complete, or was it abrubtly stopped?

Has the My Book Live recently changed IP address? (did your router reset or the My Book Live restart)?

Tony

EDIT

Did you first disable time machine? It is quite possible that Time Machine has the files locked or regenerates the files even if you delete the backup (it will do this as long as time machine is enabled).