Bought new laptop how to transfer files and folders? edited: Retrieving data for Windows 8.1

So I finally found what in this forum I did not regards windows 8.1 RETRIEVING the backup data, yes the word is RETRIEVING (or maybe I had to invest 1 weeks worth of time looking for topics available like guys like me looking for answers like this… such basic stuff that non of the pro’s here present answer… or answer according to our understanding like beginners like me…)

It will help a lot to have the Owners Manual open so you can have clues on how to proceed. Its not as clear and is not updated on windows 8.1 or at least I did not find one…

Step #1: do the mouse thing movement (right to left) so that this menu appears and click on “search”

Step #2 Type “SmartWare” because this is the program that needs to be used to do backups and retrieve the data

Step #3 Click on it and “the logo with the gear’s in the head of a dude” lol! will appear

When this happens you will begin to smile because you are already there!!!:smileyvery-happy:

What I was having dificulties with is that I was going to the program downloads in the web for WD software and I was downloading this same program of the “head gear dude” but nothing was happening… so this is what I did and WALA! everything changed in my life!!! lol!

So once youre in just follow the steps of putting your usser and password and start retrieving, its a peace of cake once youre here (Dont forget to read the users manual at every time, everything is there for windows 7 and from there you can figure things out for windows 8.1 like me!)