Backup successful but cannot locate files

Hi All,

I recently installed my book live and carried out a backup using WD Smartware, which seems to have been successful as I got the message “backup accomplished successfully”. However I cannot locate the backup files when I access mybook live via windows explorer. I can locate the mybook drive but when I access the public folder, both the music and picture folders are empty.

Also when I use WD 2Go on my android phone, I cannot access/find any of the music or picture files that I believe have been backed up.

Can anyone help me find the files that have been backed up ?

Hello,

Please make sure you have the latest firmware installed and then try to map your drive using WD Link.

How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo

Mapping a drive letter on a WD Network hard drive using WD Link 

By default the My Book Live will have a dedicated share, names Smartware. You can change this location from the Smartware Home tab. The default address is \mybooklive\smartware. 

It sounds like you have an old firmware, and probably an older SmartWare as well.

Until about a year ago the any files backed up by SmartWare to the MBL were stored in a hidden folder. One of the F/W updates made these folders visible.

When you backup it dumps everything into the backup folder, so you won’t see any of your backed up pictures or music in the “/public/My Pictures” folder anyways. You will have to manually copy music and pics to those folders.

Try updating your MBL and the SmartWare share will become visible, this might take care of all your problems at one time.

Hi, I’m having the same problem as well.  After a moment of “Copying Files” it then says “Backup accomplished successfully,” yet when I click into the backup folder, the files have not been updated.

I have confirmed that the backed up folders have a check mark which indicate that they should be backed up.  My software and firmware are all up to date as of today.

Has anyone fixed this yet?