Android WD2Go App really weak

Just got the My Book Live. Was excited and oppomistic… BUT… how well does it play with Andoid and ChromeOS?

No thumbnail for Video and Images in Android App…  Really?

When I share with WD2GO on Android AppI end up in a Downloads folder that appears like a WD share, but is not and then I have to copy the file and navigate to the WD share.  Like 4 clicks to save a document to the WD cloud.  Really?

No apparent way to access the WD from my Chromebook. Even with FTP enabled?  Really?

Well… as much as Iike this thing, It does not appear to be all that interested in playing nice with Android and Chromebook.  Can only hope the iOS users are happy it since they put their logo on the box and no other logo on the box.

Unless I’ve missed something here, it’s going back to BestBuy while I continue to wait for the Samsung HomeSync… and if  Samsung completely missed the mark here then I will go back to a portable usb drive.

Thanks.

The android apps are fantastic in my opinion.  Sister has a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.  I think it can even do remote automatic upload when you use your camera app now (don’t quote me). You can get thumbnail photos using wdphotos app.  No thumbnail previews for video is it’s only weakness (a weakness I hate too) but I guess I can’t complain too much as I don’t know of any NAS for this price that can. 

I don’t have a chrome laptop but I don’t see WD advertising that it could work with the Chrome OS.  Aren’t a lot of hardware incompatible to chrome right now?