All file types have changed to Others on my My Book Live 3TB

Hi All,

My MyBookLive 3TB has recently turned on me!   I am not sure whether this problem is new firmware related as I have just upgraded it recently.

I cannot see the old public or private shares at all but any new shares created are visible.  When I use the Browser UI, I can see the folders but they all say 0Mb and the status bar at the bottom suggests that about 2TB are occupied but they are all “Other” types.

My files are mostly Videos and Photos.  I have ssh into the unit but it only shows the new shares.  When I browse to it using its IP address, I can see the folders but cannot open them.

Before I try to unbrick it using the instructions on this forum - can someone suggest a less risky alternative? 

Many thanks in advance.

Seb

Hi,

Make sure that all the settings for the folder are set correctly on the dashboard of the unit.

Have you tried performing a system only factory restore?

Thanks for the reply.  More dumb questions coming…

What do you mean by the correct settings?  Also, how do you do a system only factory reset?

Thanks,

Seb

terapixels wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  More dumb questions coming…

What do you mean by the correct settings?  Also, how do you do a system only factory reset?

Thanks,

Seb

For the system restore, press and hold the reset button on the back of the unit for 4 seconds.

Check the permissions for the folders on the user interface. Make sure that the user, have access to the folder that you are trying to see.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately the reset did not work and I have checked the permissions but to no avail.  Any other suggestions?

Seb