Adding Drive to 3Tb My Book Live for RAID 1 configuration?

Environment : Windows 8.0 & 8.1 only, for local use; remote (Internet) access by multiple Windows versions and Android-based devices. Some Apple tablet access. No automatic backups at this time. (NB: Windows 8 Storage Spaces does not recognize the My Book Live drive as available for RAID use.)

Have been enjoying our 3Tb My Book Live for over a year, and now rely on it heavily. In hindsight, I should have gotten a mirror configuration (RAID 1, yes?) in case a hard error crashes the drive. Is it possible to add another drive and configure it for RAID 1 "after the fact"? Are there directions on how to accomplish this somewhere on the WD Support site? (Have searched FAQs in this forum and not found this topic previously covered.)

TIA for any advice you can provide!

Regards,

NotEntirelyDim

No, because the MBL doesn’t have two drive bays.   It’s a single-disk solution only.

Thanks for your response, Tony. I was hoping that there was a way to attach a second MBL to the same router & change the configuration to RAID 1. Looks like I’ll have to buy all new hardware & copy everything to it. Any suggestions?

Regards,

NotEntirelyDim