Accessing mybooklive:9000/

I have just replaced a faulty MBL (under guarantee) and am trying to set it up as server for my Squeezebox.

Using Putty, I have accessed and downloaded the software without obvious problems. However, I’m now instructed to navigate to mybooklive:9000/ and this persistently gives me an error (even though I can navigate to mybooklive/UI). Is there something to be done to enable me to access the Logitech Media Server - I assume I need to do this to be able to use the MBL as both radio and music server.

If I’ve missed some advice about this, I’d be grateful if you would point me to this, otherwise, any suggestions welcome.

Thanks, David

You are probably conflicting with the twonky server as that ALSO runs on port 9000. Can you change the port on the Logitech Media Server?

OR it might be as simple as disabling Twonky in the dashboard if you don’t use it

If you are using Twonky and can’t find a config file to edit the port Logitech Media Server runs on then you can change the Twonky WEB UI port as follows

You will need PuTTY again

Stop Twonky

/etc/init.d/twonky stop

Edit the config file to change the port

vi /CacheVolume/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server.ini

Find httpport=9000

Move the cursor over the 9 in 9000 and hit the letter “R” on your keyboard to replace the character at the cursor

Change it to 7 so it is now 7000

Hold down the shift key and hit the Z  key 2 times real quick to save and exit the file

Restart Twonky

/etc/init.d/twonky start
1 Like

I’ve disabled DLNA because I got an error message when trying to "/etc/init.d/twonky stop"

Doesn’t seem to  make much difference but I can try the whole thing again. 

Thanks, anyway.

D

What’s the error message you get when trying to stop twonky?

Error message is:

NewMyBooK:~# /etc/init.d/twonky stop
-bash: /etc/init.d/twonky: No such file or directory
NewMyBooK:~#

I’'ve called the new MBL ‘NewMyBook’ to avoid confusion with the old one, or that’s the theory anyway.

Uhm, are you sure you have Twonky installed, and not WD’s media server?

Twonky would look like this in the MBL’s web UI:

Capture.PNG

I also have Logitech Media Server installed on port 9000, and so far (knock on wood) it’s working OK. I’ve never enabled or used twonky, but just to be sure I stopped the twonky service and changed it to a different port. If you need instructions on how to do that, I’ll try to dig up the commands I used to do that.

Edit: looks like nfodiz already posted commands on how to change the twonky port, looks like the same thing I used.

No - it’s DLNA which I suppose is different from Twonky. This is after installing the latest firmware, as I mentioned. I agree that may be why there’s an error!

**Update** just tried again, 24 hours later (but nothing else changed as far as I know) and I seem to have access.

Thanks for the help.