Access to the private part of the disk MyBookLive since Windows 8.1

Hello,

I proceeded to install Windows 8.1 and in the creation of Windows user code, it forced me to create a code with my email address (the creation of the local Windows user code seems was not available). Thereafter the private MyBookLive disk became unavailable. After verification of the Windows user codes I found that only the code with my email address was present.

I still tried to connect with my user code MyBookLive hard drive, but it is not recognized. I created a new Windows user code and I was able to connect by entering my code MyBookLive, as before, it is the same as I tried when I’m on the Windows user ID with my email address …

What is the problem and how to solve it?

Could you help me ?

Thank you.

Hi JamesPe, it sounds like you were trying to create a remote access code for local access to your shares, you can map your shares manually or by using the WD discovery app. Check the links below for more information.

How to install WD Discovery on Windows 

Mapping a My Book Live, My Book Live Duo, WD TV Live Hub, WD ShareSpace or My Book World on a Windows PC 

1 Like

Hello,

Your solution works perfectly. You’re the best.

The only difference is that before, the drive letter pointing to MyBookLive, like this “PrivatDisk (\ \ MyBookLive) (W :)”, and now it is at 192.168.0.xxx, like this "PrivatDisk (\ \ 192.168. 0.xxx) (W :slight_smile: ".

It is minor but I noticed that for some applications, it seems that it have a significance. But it is not insurmountable.

Thank you.

Glad to know it worked. :wink: