2 devices cannot connect to My Book Live mapped network shares

2 of my devices, a 2010 MacBook Air 11" and a 2012 MacBook Air 13" running Windows 7, can no longer connect to mapped drives pointing to My Book Live private shares.

• I can ping the My Book Live from both of these machines.
  • I can connect to the Web UI from both of these machines.
  • I can connect to the media server from both of these machines.

Only UNC/mapped drives are failing.  I am able to connect to the shares via several other devices including both wired and wireless connections (desktop PC, Android phone, LG TV, Samsung Blu-Ray player, etc.). This is the error when I try to connect:

The only thing both of the failing devices have in common, in terms of recent changes, is I ran the CCleaner registry cleaner on both of them. It’s entirely possible this is causing the problem (I’ve had the registry cleaner screw things up before and I rarely use this tool); I’ve tried restoring the deleted registry entries on one of the failing machines, it made no difference.  I also searched through one of the backup registry files for anything having to do with the mapped drive letter (N:), the share name, “WD”, and “western”. There were no hits.

I’ve rebooted my router.  I also did a full reset as illustrated here.

I’ve disabled and enabled the wireless adapters. I’ve also tried a wired (USB) adapter. I’ve also tried uninstalling and reinstalling one of them.

An interesting symptom is that the free space for the drive IS actually shown:

Notice the blue bar underneath.  If I disable the network adapter, for example, this is not listed.

I’m at a complete loss :frowning:  I’m not even sure how to troubleshoot further.

Bah, never mind, sorry for the noise. I actually cannot connect to ANY UNC path or mapped drive from these machines. It’s really strange that it’s affecting both machines because one of them is my wife’s that I rarely use the and other I use for work. No idea what I could have changed that would affect both.  CCleaner is not the issue, I noticed this issue at work the other day but didn’t remember until tonight.

Solved. Found this:

http://forum.sysinternals.com/curious-windows-7-issue-connecting-to-unc_topic25113_post126572.html#126572

Checked out the same registry entries on a working and not working machine.  Working machine had:

“SSCBFS3,RDPNP,LanmanWorkstation,webclient”

Non working machine had:

“SSCBFS3,RDPNP,LanmanWorkstation,webclient”

Notice two extra commas.  “SSCBFS3” is a hint; that’s SugarSync CallBack File System driver. I beleive the broken registry entries are caused by:

• Installing and uninstalling SugarSync.
  • Same as above but under different user accounts. They say they do not support this but there’s no warning whatsoever in the installer.