Unable to share content

When I or anyone i have set up an account for on the box tries to access the content, they are prompted for a network password. 
They receive the welcome mail, are prompted to set up a password and do so. 
Then on logging into the web account they see the image of the my book duo, click on the option to view shares and then are prompted for a network password. It makes no difference if they enter the password they set up during the web setup process or if they enter the password from the user account i set up for them on the my book, nothing is accepted.

My mate tried it from his windows 8 and 8 based machines anf got a missing certificate message.

I cant seem to access it from my local mac running 10.9.2 either even with java installed to the latest version.

I’m running a virgin superhub router, any one have any ideas before I take the box back to the shop for a refunt.

I raised a support mail case with WD but after 3 days they havent bothered to update the ticket…not impressed. Should have bought the netgear storage box after all.

Try reviewing the steps for remote access on the My Cloud provided on the following article.

How to remotely access a WD My Cloud Personal Cloud drive

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10623/session/L3RpbWUvMTM5MzcwNDM2OC9zaWQvelAxSi05T2w%3D

I’m not sure where you pulled those screen shots from John but its a Mac I’m using. The instructions are easy enough to follow, its one of the reasons I went for the mybook but looking about on the support forums there sure are a fair few complaints on similar issues, WD’s troubleshhoting seems to be to ingore the customer. My request for support ws rasied on  the 26th, still not had any response.

I’m just going to call the shop and return it, doesnt work and customer care is rubbish.

Someone should have contacted you already.

Our personnel will be able to help you setup the shares.