Viewing MBLD Files using Windows Explorer

It appears as though we can see MBLD files using Windows Explorer.  That said, I just want to make sure that what I think I am looking at is what I am looking at – to make sure I definately, without a shadow of a doubt, know what files are backed up.  

Could someone confirm that what Windows Explorer shows under MYBOOKLIVEDUO>SmartWare>Volume#xyz – are in fact the files on the MBLD drives?

Thanks.  Just a little “paranoid” – and want to make sure that all my fles are indeed backed up and that I am not looking at a black box with questionable contents.

Hello, that is correct, any files that you see on that location are saved inside the My Book Live Duo.

Thanks a lot. One related question. If I click on a file on my mbld in Windows Explorer, the file that comes up is indeed the file from the MBLD. Is that true? It SMS so, but I just want to make sure that what I think I am seeing! I am seeing in the event that my primary storage fails.

As I recall and understood it years ago, this functionality through Windows Explorer was not there when MBLD first came out. Is that true?

I think I answered my question. I tried accessing my files from another PC and was able to do it using Windows File Explorer. As I recall and understood it in the past this functionality was not available on earlier versions of the MBLD system which ways a huge shortcoming (couldn’t easily view and access files).