Using MyBookLive Duo on Mac and Windows Machines

Hi,

I wonder if someone might help. I have recently purchased a 4Tb MBLD and have formatted it in FAT32 so that it can be accessed by both Mac and Windows. I was asked to give the drive a name which I duly did. I have also used settings to configure it to Raid 1.On my Mac I can see My Book Live Duo and also the drive name I allocated. Having set up the network such that I can access via my laptop, the only drive I can see is the My Book Live Duo. Should I be able to see the other drive name or is this some kind of partition which has been set up?

I am assuming that the “Public” area of MBLD is the one to use and perhaps I have somehow set up a different partition which is only accessible from the Mac. Any ideas please

Tony_C

Tony_C wrote:

Hi,

…I have recently purchased a 4Tb MBLD and have formatted it in FAT32

I’m very curious what this means, as it’s impossible to do that on any NAS.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. The named drive appears as a “Mounted Drive” in the Mac Disk Utility and is shown as being formatted to FAT32. I can only assume that a partition has been created on the main drive. If I save anything in the named drive, it does not appear in MBLD and vice versa.

Also anything I save to MBLD is automatically saved to My Cloud, can this be changed so that I can manually move files/folders to My Cloud as required?

Tony_C