The operation can't be completed because of an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)

Has anyone seen this problem start occurring?

I was able to transfer 20 GB of data to the drive over the network and then this error started happening when connected with my Mac OS X machine. I’m not asking for a fix because I see this problem across the internet. I’m just curious how many people see this problem on the MBLD.

I have seen this issue as well but I restarted my machine and had all devices off. Then logged on as the administrator and it did not do it. I have previously getting all kinds of errors trying to access the Duo via apple TV when trying to show a friend after just having ti work by accessing my computer (no duo). Not pleased this happened as it. One key seems to make sure the Duo is not blinking green which may seem to help but is unknown. Not sure if I have made my system more or less complicated :slight_smile:

I worked with WD technical support and this unit is going to be returned to the vendor I bought it from. I’m not going to RMA it because WD is only offering a refurbished replacement. To me, this is not fair treatment considering I paid for a new unit.

I was contacted by 2 different technical support members. One instructed me to replace the ethernet cable and then the router and then to plug the MBLD directly into my computer. In all cases, the unit always fell off the network.

The second member of technical support wanted me to document all models and software versions of everything on my network layout so WD could reproduce this in their labs. I would have agreed to this if I were compensated for my time. The only offer I had was to exchange my newly purchased unit with a refurbished unit. Why would I bother trying to exchange my new unit for someone else’s failed when I could easily swap it from the vendor I bought it from?

What is up with members of this forum offering illogical advice (mostly hearsay) and then asking to give them kudos? Is this some type of ego boost for them? I’m sure folks in here with 10+ K posts are surely employees but even their advice is junk.

WD has been a true hassle and I regret buying from them.