Smartware Backup does not backup all files

I recently installed My Book Live Duo as RAID and setup Smartware to backup a whole partition. The software indicated that it did not backup files larger than 50 Mb (around 100 files). I found a thread here on this that was not answered so I copied the important ones manually. Then 1 month later my SSD crashed. At first I thought I was lucky to have saved my files, but then found out that Smartware actually had only backed up 2 or 3 levels of folders. The backup contained the first half of my folders in alphabetical orders backed up to the third level (D:\doc\ispad\.* were copied but no files in D:\doc\ispad\november   ie 3 levels ok, fourth not copied). The second half of the root directory was copied only to second level (ie D:\xls\.* were copied but no files in D:\xls\ispad  ie 2 levels ok, third not copied).

Has anyone else observed this weird behavior? The only logical explanation I can think of is that the backup procedure is to scan one level of folders at a time, and then somehow got stuck half way through. Normally all subfolders will be copied at the same time as the root folder when you do a backup.

Thanks,

Ragnar

This behavior is not normal.

Is good to make sure no other software is causing conflicts with the Smartware backup.

Check the firewall and internet security if possible.