Slow Transfer MBLD why?

Well, i just bought this 4TB MBLD, and its really cool, but the transfer rate is just insane!!! 2.68mb/s its just too low!

my network setup is this:

Internet Modem → Router(linksys by cisco E2500) → BMLD(by Cable, the one that comes in box)

I Connect my notebook(alienware m17x R3) to Router by wifi N 5ghz, my wifi card is a Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6250 AGN, right now i’m the only one connected to the nerwork and i can transfer only to 3mb/s, and i’m not writing to MBLD, i’m copying from mbld to my computer.

is there something i need to do? i think that on WiFi N i should at least transfer at 10mb/s, right?

No way of knowning, really – it all depends on how good your WiFi connection is, congestion, interference, channel overlap, etc etc.

Try connecting your PC via CABLE to the router, just to see if it’s WiFi that’s really at issue.

wired connection i get 10 - 11 mb/s

is there some setting for this?

connected through wifi it says that i’m connected at 300mbps

Is that megaBITS or megaBYTES per second?

i don’t know, windows says 3 MB/Second

Well, that’s pretty slow all around.

Are you using a Gig switch, or a 10/100 switch?  Sounds from the numbers like it’s 10/100 only.

EDIT:  Never mind— just read the specs on the E2500-- it’s 10/100 only.  So 11/12 megabytes / second is the fastest you’ll ever see.

yes, 10 - 12 mb/s is nice, but why 3mb/s? i have wifi N 300mb/s as windows says :S

Windows is just telling you the negotiated data rate.  It’s not telling you how fast it will go.

You can try changing channels in the 5Ghz band (first, make sure you are actually connecting on that band by using a different SSID for 5Ghz than 2.4Ghz) to see if you can find a better one…

i’m connected to a 5Ghz network, i have it with different SSID, so its impossible to connect to the wrong one.

i don’t really know what is wrong, my router was bought past week.