Requests on next firmware update on 8TB Livebook Duo

I would like to make a few requests for features currently not available.

As a bit of background, I use the 8TB Livebook Duo as a simple NAS Storage device, no streaming, set up as RAID 1 mirrored for data safety and also have a WD 1 TB external as additional back up.  It has replaced a PC previously used as a server.  We work on and store small buisness data (AutoCAD project files (.dwg, .pdf, .doc and .zip) and general administration files from my company,  and personal back up data such as pictures, music and video on the device.

1.  There are times when the NAS device (for unknown reasons) has a blinking green light for long periods of time - WD quick view states everything is ok and “Healthy”.  It would be nice to know what the device is doing so I dont have to worry if someone has hacked the device and is copying our data or if for some reason its verifying or rebuilding the RAID 1 data.  Yes, we have a password to access it.  Should be an easy addition to WD Quick view or the dashboard to see what it is doing while “working”.

2.  Absolutely need a recycle bin.  I recenly finished a project and unknown at the time, had deleted the .zip file with our project data and had to redo the project from scratch.  The safepoint is not incemental so when it backed up the NAS to the external, no data was available and no program I had could recover it.  Has to be some way to add a recycle bin so this cannot happen.

These 2 items would greatly enhance the drive and it’s potential

Hello,

You should post this on the Ideas Board.

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/idb-p/cloud_idea

2 Likes

Thanks, I reposted it at your suggestion.