Removed USB Share Still Showing

Hi folks - WD Live Duo with 2 - 2TB drives not in a RAID array.  Problem is that I had an external USB drive connected months ago which I have since replaced, but the old share name is still being shown when I view the device on the network via File Explorer.  The old USB share doesn’t appear in the dashboard, though it is seen as an smb share on the network.  I am sure that there is an ssh command to get rid of it and would appreciate it if someone could share it with me.

Thanks!

SW

Hello,

Have you tried right clicking on it and choosing “disconnect”?

As I said, it doesn’t appear in the dashboard.  It is being broadcast as a share on the network however to all computers.  I have never mapped it as a drive.

Hello,

Have you tried resetting the my book live?

I haven’t but will I loose all settings? I wanted to avoid a factory reset. If there was an SSH command I could use to remove the disconnected smb share, that would be ideal. Thanks for the reply.

Fixed it - I reconnected the usb drive that had continued to appear as an SMB share.  It was automatically renamed the previous share name_2.  I renamed it back to the old share that still appeared even when disconnected.  Then, in the dashboard, I went to Setttings/Storage/External Storage and ejected the drive from there.  I then physically disconnected the external usb drive.  While the disconnected share name still was being broadcast, I shut down the Live Duo using the dashboard.  Unplugged then plugged the Live Duo back in with no external storage device connected, and no “ghost usb shares” existed any longer.  I plugged the newer external usb storage device back in and it appeared as expected and all is good.  Thanks,

SW