Redirect to Oracle site

While trying to log onto newly installed Duo at home from office (as administrator), after inputing password on Welcome screen, I get a redirect from a briefly shown page saying “3 shares”  to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html.  Why?  Is my WD2GO page already hacked?  How do I log in from external computer?

No, you’ve not been hacked.  It’s doing that because Java isn’t installed (or installed correctly) on that computer.

You have to install Java on the computer and enable it in your browser.

1 Like

Thansk for yoru reply and solution to the above question, but I too am experiencing the same problem in both Safari and IE11. Both browsers have the latest Java downloaded and are both Java enabled.

I have also downloaded both the 32bit and the 64bit as advised by Java.

Can you please help any further?

Thanks TonyPh12345,

As with MadMax, I had trouble getting Java enabled in both IE 11 and Firefox after downloading and installation.  Both say that Java is a malware magnet and should not be trusted.  If so, why is WD using it?  Is there no other choice?

After disclaiming and assuming all risk, I did, though, get Firefox enabled with Java and managed to remotely log in and view files, but ran out of time on the day to see if I could interact with them.  WD’s hardware far outpaces its interface; hint, hint, Google, Samsung, Microsoft, etc.  Fortunately, it seems to have an active community that may keep the lions at bay for the moment, assuming WD wants to remain viably independent.  Thanks again Tony.