RAID access

I appear to have successfully set up my new Live Duo and configured it for RAID (which took 7 hours), but when I look at it, it doesn’t appear to have any files on it at all (except for the shared folders).

Shouldn’t I be able to see all the redudant files from y hard drive?

If not, how can I access them remotely (or is that not possible?)?

Thanks

SirArch

sirarch wrote:

I appear to have successfully set up my new Live Duo and configured it for RAID (which took 7 hours), but when I look at it, it doesn’t appear to have any files on it at all (except for the shared folders).

What files are you expecting to see?    Had you added files before you configured the RAID setting?

Possibly naively, I was expecting to see that it had duplicated everything on my hard drive (mirrored/backed-up/call it what you will).

sirarch

sirarch wrote:

…I was expecting to see that it had duplicated everything on my hard drive

On WHAT hard drive?

I’m still trying to understand what you’re working with.

Had you previously run a backup job from your PC to the Duo?   And then you changed the RAID mode?

… or what?

I installed my Live Duo,

I did not manually transfer any files from the PC to the Live Duo

I ran de RAID configuration

I was expecting the files to be mirrored to the Live Duo during the RAID configuration process.

It does not appear to me that that has happened.

Was I wrong to have expected that?

sirarch wrote:

I did not manually transfer any files from the PC to the Live Duo

I was expecting the files to be mirrored to the Live Duo during the RAID configuration process.

I’m still confused – sorry, I must be daft.   But, if you never put any files on the drive, then what files are you expecting to have been mirrored?