Quit Mapping Drives Other than Public

My WD My Book Live Duo just suddenly stopped mapping drives after I had to reboot my PC (which I rarely have to do). The only thing that will map now is the public share. I had another share at \devicename\Archive and I have several GB of data there that I can no longer see.

Also, I have an additional USB 3.0 drive attached to this and it will no longer map.

Both ask for a user ID and password and I’ve never had to do that nor have I set one up with my Live Duo.

I did shut down the Live Duo and shut down my PC. Powered the PC up and then powered up the Live Duo and it returned. But in my effort to troubleshoot this to solution, I rebooted again and bam, share was gone.

I’ve also seen the error: the parameter is incorrect.

This is pretty critical for me. Any suggestions? I am on the latest firmware as well.

*UPDATE* - This MAY be a Windows/DNS issue. My other two PC’s which backup to this are still fine and can see the NAS as it’s named. On my Main PC, it used to show up as a COMPUTER and I could also get into it this way. Now, I can only do it by the IP Address in Windows Explorer. Any tips on fixing that?

Thanks!
Brian

Have you tried powercycling the router? You can also try pressing the reset button on the back of the My Book for 4 seconds.

This, at the moment, seems to have done the trick:

ipconfig /flushdns