Quick Questions on Debricking

I have gone through the step by step procedure to debrick but have run into a few issues.

1. I created the system rescue cd.  I booted it up on the pc but all that comes up is a blank desktop and the terminal.  I cannot find the program gparted. I looked through all the available programs and even searched for gparted.  It does not exist.  I need it to find out what the drive designations are.

2. I then followed the terminal instructions hoping the drive designations were the same as the example but received errors on /md2 and /md3 (did not exist) and the debrick ran ibncomplete with errors.  It couldn’t find the drives/software.  It ended up copying about 10mb over.

3.  I previously formated a 32gb thumb drive as FAT32 and placed the images on it as instructed.  I don’t think the debrick could find the files.  Is there a maximum size of thumb drive for FAT32 that can be used?

Assistance is very much appreciated.

Hello,

I have never tried this before. I believe that there are some experienced users that can help you with this issue. Lets see what they have to say about this.