Question about recovering data

I have a 2x3TB Live Duo, set up for mirroring.  It’s been running fine for about 2 years, until recently I couldn’t get it to mount, and then after powering it off and on, it’s stuck at the yellow booting light.

Now I have one of the drives plugged into an external SATA dock, and I’m scanning it with R-Linux on Linux Mint.  I see one 15mp partition, 2 1.91GP EXT3 partitions, and one 742GB EXT4 partition.

Is the EXT4 partition supposed to be my data?  I’m pretty sure I had 2 or 3 times that amount of data on the drive but I don’t remember exactly.

In R-Linux, I clicked on Open Drive Files on that partition, but it only shows a ton of .bin files.  Am I supposed to be able to see my actual data, or am I supposed to do something with the bins?

Thanks

Edit1  I should note that I have a second brand new MBLD also available, so if there’s any way to use that one to read one of the discs from the one that won’t boot that would be great.

Edit2  I removed disk A and placed disk B in the A slot and rebooted.  Now I get a blinking yellow instead of a solid yellow, and I’m able to browse the drive from the network.  So I guess I’ll be able to copy my data off if I can find a drive big enough to hold it.

The second MLBD I have is 2x4TB.  If I put one of the 4TB drives in there with my exist 3TB drive, will it re-mirror everything?  If so, can I then move that 4TB drive to A and put the second 4TB drive in B and have it re-mirror again so that I end up with a matching pair with my existing data intact?

Side question:  If the drive can boot up without A, but with B in the A slot, does that mean disk A is likely physically bad?

Kennedy808 wrote:

I have a 2x3TB Live Duo, set up for mirroring.  It’s been running fine for about 2 years, until recently I couldn’t get it to mount, and then after powering it off and on, it’s stuck at the yellow booting light.

Now I have one of the drives plugged into an external SATA dock, and I’m scanning it with R-Linux on Linux Mint.  I see one 15mp partition, 2 1.91GP EXT3 partitions, and one 742GB EXT4 partition.

My suspicion is that your system can’t read GPT disks correctly, hence the incorrect size of the data partition.

But I don’t know with any certainty…