Problems connecting to a private share folder

I’m pleased with my new MyBookLiveDuo.  I’ve successfully configured the device, transferred a significant amount of data to the public folders, but am having trouble trying to set up private folders.

• I’ve created a user account on the MyBookLiveDuo and assigned it a password.
  • I’ve created a share folder, set it to private, and assigned the user account to it. 
  • On my Win7 box, I can see the private share and when I try to access it or map it, it asks me for two passwords:.
  1. The first password is “Enter Network Password.”  I enter MyBookLiveDuo<user account> and the password assigned to that account.  The system accepts that username password.
  2. However, a second dialog box comes up “Windows Security” and it asks me for another username/password.  I can’t find a username/password pair that will work for this dialog box. 

What do I enter to attach this directory to my machine?   

Thanks in advance,

Don 

It’s actually not accepting the first set, that’s why it’s asking another way.

Open up a CMD window as administrator and issue the command

net use * /delete

and try accessing the private share again.

Thanks, but that doesn’t seem to be working.  When I run the command it just returns the help saying what the format should be.  And, I assume there is a typo, right.  You typed

net use *\delete but 

but it looks like it should maybe be 

net user *\delete

However, I don’t think it’s doing anything.  

No, it should be /delete, not \delete. Forward slash. The space is missing in your example, too.

I spent almost two hours on the phone with tech support and they eventually fixed the problem.  It took them awhile and I’m not sure they actually had a clear plan.  They were largely just trying different things and eventually some combination of those steps worked.  I think it was one when they cleared my local machine’s “credential manager.”   

Anyway, it’s working now.  Thanks for your help. 

Ive got the same issue but I’m running a mac connecting to my mac duo, any ideas as I’m about to take the box back to the shop for a refund. I bought it to be simple to use not have to resort to a forum to do a simple share.

Jonsey, you can’t be having the same problem, as Macs don’t have the same private-share credential limitation that affected the user above (with Windows.)

Perhaps you should start with explaining what the issue is with as much detail as possible.