My Book Live Duo cannot reconnect

Hi,

I’ve been using my book live duo 4 TB for six months. At the first couple months,  after a few week using it, the problem started. My book live kept restarting itself at night, and i couldn’t reconnect it from my devices… i had to unplug the cable and then plug the cable again, and then i could reconnect… The problem persisted for several days… And I decided to bring my my book live duo to the seller. First I had to move all the files to my other harddrive… And then after i moved almost half of my book live files, suddenly the problem was gone… I could use my book live duo normally without it disconnecting itself… So i kept using it for several months…  Suddenly, now, i have that exact problem… it keeps restarting itself, and i have to unplug the cable and then plug the cable so that i can use it. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Because i only use 500 gb from 4TB…  Thank You…

Lungs,

I would recommend disabling the sleep timer, setting a static IP address, and replacing the power adapter.

Ok, i will try it… thank you for the advise

I have tried your advice, but it’s still happening. I’ve changed the setting to static ip adress, i’ve changed the sleep timer. But i haven’t replace the power adapter, because i’m afraid that i couldn’t find the adapter that has the same current, etc. Do you have any other advice? Is it because of the power adapter? Because my hard drive is relatively brand new. And i think we don’t have wd service center here in Indonesia… And even if i bring the hard drive to a service station, i still have to emptied my files… Thank you

Lungs,

If your device is still under warranty then it would be best to contact the dedicated support teams directly in order to obtain the replacement accessory.

http://support.wd.com/country/index.asp?lang=en