Mapping the device

First of all I want to say that mapping through wd2go.com works like a charm for both email accounts I set it up for (one for admin and one for another user I created in the User Interface of the LB).

The big trouble is when I try to map it manually to later on use it in script which would map it with launching of windows. I have used both types of user IDs (email address as a User ID and what is setup within users in the User Interface on LB) and both types of password but had no luck so far, the prompt just comes back and evetually it errors out.

I have tried first map it using the wd2go.com option for Public folder and then I mapped it manually using the “Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures.” within the “Map Network Drive” prompt within windows 7. That worked as I presume the first mapping saves the password or something. This also tells me that the path I am using is correct (\mybookliveduo-deviceXXXXXX.wd2go.com@SSL\Public).

I am most interested in knowing what is the correct combination of user ID and password (whether to use “admin” and coresponding password I use for User Interface of LB or my email address for user ID and coresponding password or something different?).

PS: I am wondering if there is a way how to obtain this info from the java object “com.wd.nas4g.mapdrive.MapDrive.class” when viewing page source on wd2go.com.

I think it uses a security session everytime you map it via browser so I’m not so sure you can just Map it directly.

I could not map my booklive in my laptop

It shows this diagnosis. The connection to the device is perfect.

ANy suggestion?

Thank you gambar_problem_map_network.png problem_map_network.png

If it’s enabled and you don’t need it, you might try disabling IPv6 on your PC.