06-06-2012 10:45 AM
We noticed that before the firmware was updated on the Marantz player - everything worked. After firmware update is when things stopped working. We need to analyze the traces coming from the device to see why it fails. Will let you know.
06-06-2012 11:59 AM
Thanks. I forgot to mention that I am using the Airplay firmware purchased from marantz as an upgrade for 50 dollars. It should be the same as the normal firmware except Apple Airplay support is enabled within it.
I have upgraded the firmware about 5 times total and none of those upgrades disabled ability to talk to the MyBookLive 3TB Twonky or any other DLNA. I also checked performance yesterday with a Denon 4308 receiver and it is also no go. I checked with a Harman Kardon AVR3650 unit and also problems. The Harman Kardon is made by a different company then the Denon/Marantz units.
07-04-2012 08:26 PM
I confirm that I have also experienced the same problems as jw100.
My Marantz NA7004 will not display the directory structure on the My Book Live Duo. But will happily browse the Directory structure of a TVMobili server running on my iMac. Also have seen the same Marantz in the shop happily browse an older My Book Live running Twonky.
There is something about the new DNLA server implamentation that has changed.
MyBookLiveDuo Firmware 02.31.08-067
Media Server Version 22.214.171.12468
The firmware on the Marantz came with the Airplay option.
Tom, can you provide an update on where you're at with this? I purchased the MBLD specifically as the media server for the Marantz . Neither unit was cheap.
07-08-2012 05:29 AM
Discovered an interesting behavior - that gets the Marantz and the MBLD talking.
If I set the Maratz with DHCP ON, but leave the MBLD with a fixed IP address, and then I DISABLE DHCP at the router, and re-start the Marantz, the Marantz will not find the DHCP server, and will instead allocate an address 169.254.10.64.
This is apparently within a reserved IP address range, and UPnP devices can allocate this to themselves if they don;t get one from a DHCP serever.
ANYWAY. When the Marantz has this address - the MBLD will respond to it. But when the Marantz has an address in the same subnet - it wont respond to any M-SEARCH requests that the Marantz issues..
07-08-2012 04:29 PM
By the way - the above discovery is not a Solution. Turning DCHP on the router OFF is not a practical option.
What is does show however is that part of this problem relate to the way the DLNA implementation behaves based on IP address variations. I have begun to trace the activity using a Packet sniffer, and will report here on what i find. - Would also apreciate an update from WD.
07-10-2012 11:32 PM - edited 07-10-2012 11:34 PM
Another device i would like to point out is the PS3.
I did find a workaround though i am sure its not correct. If my WDMBLD is already running (green light) the media player will not be shown on PS3 when i switch it on. However with the PS3 on if the WDMBLD is in standby/rebooted/powered on it shows. I am sure WD would not have planned it that ways.
Media server v126.96.36.19968
 same post already exists on the forum on the day of the update [/edit]
07-19-2012 01:16 PM - edited 07-19-2012 01:39 PM
One more device: Pioneer VSX-922 AV Receiver. It's a pain to listen to new music. I have to rescan and restore database on MBLD to get new music discovered by receiver. Music from other computers is discovered fine.
Upd: forgot to say: MBLD for some reason ignores track numbers in tags and sort tracks alphabetically.
07-21-2012 05:21 PM - edited 07-21-2012 05:23 PM
Problem "solved"! Installed Twonky 7.0 and going to buy it for $20 when trial month will expend. Because nothing else helped.
BTW, it consumes much less CPU. Native server used 30-100%, and Twonky — less then 10%, usually less then 1%.