I have problem is my Mybook Live Duo dont have seen on network

I have problem is my Mybook Live Duo dont have seen on network.

We was use last night but i cant seen now on net.

Green led ok. Network connection ok. But Mybook live duo dont seen.

I use Mybook live duo for my work. But i cant connect my data now. All datas have  very important for me.

I tryed hdd connect to pc with sata. but again didnt see.

i used RAID HDD format.

Please help me how i can connect my data.

Can you access it by FTP, HTTP or SSH?

If you are on Windows, open command prompt, type ‘net view’ without quotes, and check if you can see it’s name.

You could also try to ping it’s IP or it’s name on command prompt, typing:

‘ping YOURNASNAME’

or

‘ping YOURNASIP’ example: ‘ping 192.168.2.1’

To see if it’s answering.

If none of that work, you can try to connect your NAS directly to your PC using it’s ethernet cable, try to type ‘net view’ again on command prompt and check if it’s detected. 

I connect network with on switch. TP-Link 1000mps.

Switch port is ok.

I changed port and switch port led light ok. Duo dont seen on LAN.

I searched with Western Digital My Net View. Software dont seen Mybook Live Duo.

Try to connect it directly to a computer and if the computer is a Windows, check if you can see in network, and try to ‘net view’ on prompt.

Last case, it’s not recommended because I guess it void you guarantee and could damage the NAS, is removing the HDs and using e sata cables or directly connecting them to a computer with linux, so you could browse the files, but that’s only for advanced users, and you must be really carefully to not brick your NAS.

I tryed HDD connect to pc with esata cable. On Win XP and Win 7. But pc see only HDD but dont make mount and drive name. I will try with linux operation system. I download now. I must recovery my data. All data very important for me.

Why MBLD make this problem?

You can’t see on Windows because it’s formatted with partitions that WIndows cannot read.

You could use a USB to boot linux without installing, but be really carefully, you might lose data and brick your NAS.

I don’t know what happened, I can’t diagnose from here, you could call WD support or email them if you want.

Also, you still didn’t tried to connect your NAS directly throught ethernet cable, I would try it.

Ok. I will be carefully. I was think MBLD have safely. But i see dont have safely. I think this is have a incubus…

I have old linux reseller and it person. I will try only A disk. I was use RAID. I think B disk have a backup disk. Its true?

If you were using RAID 1, one of the disks is only a mirror of the other.

If not, your data might be splitted in the two HDs.

There’s some tutorials in this forum explaining how to recover data, also theres some tutorials on google.

I was use RAID 1 for data safely.

So one HD is a mirror(copy) from the other.

this is good news.

:slight_smile:

I open with Pardus Linux. But drive dont have mount. Driver seen Linux Raid Partition format. But cannot read. 

I buyed R-Studio software. I can open disk and recovery files. 

I will recovery all files. 

B disk have problem, i recover A disk. 

My MBLD have a guarantie. Can i RMA? (10/12/2014 guarantie will finish)

My MBLD have a guarantie. Can i RMA? (10/12/2014 guarantie will finish)