[GUIDE] Debrick a MyBookLive DUO

Hello NFODIZ, I’m glad I could find such a detailed description for MBLD repair.

I need help as I’m not a SW experienced person, specially in Linux area. I need some support here as WD support is nearly at 500 km away from me. I have a 2 x 2 TB MBLD, about 3 years old.

Here are some highlights of what happened to me:

• I took a long trip and decided to power down the MBLD. It was off for 30 days. When I returned  I powered MBLD on and a steady yellow LED was there in the front panel. Both HDs were quite hot;

• I removed both HDs and turned MBLD on again and still the yellow LED was there;

• Then I found your post and went thru some steps;

• I completed STEP 1 and recovered 100% of all my data using Disk Internals Linux Reader. I used a SATA enclosure and a USB cable to connect the HD to my notebook (i don’t have a desktop at home);

• I completed STEP 2, downloading and preparing all needed SW. I burned the ISO SystemRescue CD and also decided to create a SystemRescue thumbdrive.

But I’m stuck at STEP 3 as I understood I must have a desktop to do a direct SATA cable connection.

So, my question if I can use my notebook USB input to connect the MBLD drive and do the STEP 3. In case yes, how the line commands should be typed in ? Still the same commands ?

Thank you

Allan Cavalcanti