Fitbit + Duo + Low Energy Mode

After hours of testing, I have finally isolated a service running in Windows 7 that prevents the Duo from going in energy saver mode.  If you have a fitbit and the associated application (Fitbit Manager), it starts a Fitbit Uploader service.  Any time this service is running, it prevents the DUO from going to sleep.  The moment this service is stopped, it behaves again, and goes to low energy mode(blue light).  Hope this helps someone else from doing all this work to figure out the root cause of this issue.  It also seems to interfere with the network connection status.

I am having UPnP issues with the DUO and a linksys E4200(v2), so I had to manually set up port forwarding for the remote access to work on the DUO.  The E4200 UPnP appears to be working and was working fine until the DUO entered the network.  Hopefully Linksys or Wester Digital will do more testing and work out the bugs.  Both devices are very new to the market.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. 

Not a problem.  Sharing without providing a solution would not be fair.

It now seems to be working.  What I did was to update the base station’s firmware (different from the fitbit module firmware and different from the fitbit software that runs on the OS).  The only way to do this is to right click on the fitbit icon on the taskbar notification area, select “Fitbit” menu item and then select the about selection.  Once the little window opens up, on the bottom left hand corner, in dark gray lettering is the option to upgrade the base station.  Follow the directions, once the upgrade is complete, insert a paper clip in the small hole on the bottom of the station and wait for it to reset.  The upgrade and reset has to be done with the fitbit module attached to the base station.  Upon reset, the module will flash with a firmware number.  Now the process is complete.  Once this was done, the Duo will now go to sleep as it did in the past.

Hope this helps someone.