Firewall and SmartWare problem

I installed a new router yesturday. 

My SmartWare and Quickview backup can’t connect to my nas.

I can connect to the nas via my mapped drive, and via wd discovery and via IP into my explorer.

If I turn off Windows firewall SmartWare/WD Quickview see’s the nas right away, connects and starts my backup plan.

I have WD Discovery, WD SmartWare and WD QuickView allowed in my firewall settings, but as soon as I turn windows fw on, i loose it.

ANy suggestions?

Compare and constrast all the settings on your new and old routers.  There is something different between them - like that one has certain ports open and the other not.

You can also set the firewall security on your new router to OFF and then test. 

The problem seems to be with Windows FW.  When I turn it on / off the problem occures.

I have checked the new router and I don’t see anything different.  I essentially copied the settings.  from one linksys to another.

If it is something in the new router, what would it be?  or what can I try?

Looks like when I connected to a private network, instead of public, in the network and sharing center it is allowing it now.

For now it is fixed and the windows fw is on.

I have a similar problem. when the OS Firewall is turned on, the WD smartware drive is not listed as an option to be used on the application and you see only the Dropbox… After turn off the Firewall the WD drive is listed on the application… Could somebody or know how to add one rule for the WD Smartware into the Windows Firewall ? Thanks

Finally found the problem. You need to add a new incoming rule to avoid 1900/UDP (SSDP) on windows firewall. After that it seems to be working correctly