Dashboard corrupted

When trying to access My Book Live Duo, instead of ussual login web page, I am getting a text, the very beggining of goes like this:

Config|a:5:{s:9:“userAgent”;s:32:“009bc9236061daaf8f5d8ad5903162cc”;s:4:“time”;i:1399485264;s:7:“timeout”;i:10;s:13:“box_is_secure”;s:5:“false”;s:4:“lang”;s:5:“en_US”;}owner|a:1:{s:19:“owner_configuration”;a:4:{s:10:“owner_name”;s:5:“admin”;s:8:“fullname”;s:20:“System Administrator”;s:12:“empty_passwd”;s:4:“true”;s:12:“owner_passwd”;s:0:“”;}}Admin|a:1:{s:9:“logged_in”;s:4:“true”;}Config|a:5:{s:9:“userAgent”;s:32:“009bc9236061daaf8f5d8ad5903162cc”;s:4:“time”;i:1399484796;s:7:“timeout”;i:8;s:13:“box_is_secure”;s:5:“false”;s:4:“lang”;s:5:“en_US”;}owner|a:1:

The question is: if and how I can restore the access to the drive (there are some important to me data there?

I tried to attach a drive to PC (running windows 7) using eSATA to to USB3.0 connector.  USB Software identifies USB device but the drive does not show up in Computer.  My computer-> Manage->Storage->Disk Management shows the disk with correct partitions but there is no access to it. It seems that drives (two disks in RAID 1 configuration) might be healthy.

Is there a way to upload the dashboard software without destroying the stored data? Or, alternatively, how to dumpt the data?

Any suggestions?

Hi Qazed, what type of RAID configuration you have? The internal format of the Live Duo drives is ext3, so you need a Linux PC or a 3rd party program that allows you to access that files system from a Windows computer. 

The configuration is RAID 1. Can you suggest a 3rd party program you mentioned?

We have some progress.

I installed Ext2fsd.exe. You were very right, the file system is ext3. I can get access fo shares directory. However, I can access only Public one. The other two appear as names to empty files with no extension. Any suggestions?

Qazed wrote:

We have some progress.

I installed Ext2fsd.exe. You were very right, the file system is ext3. I can get access fo shares directory. However, I can access only Public one. The other two appear as names to empty files with no extension. Any suggestions?

It’s not EXT3… the data partition is EXT4.   So if EXT2FSD doesn’t recognize it as EXT4, that might be part of why it’s not seeing the data.

You might try the “debrick” methods in this guide:

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live-Duo/GUIDE-Debrick-a-MyBookLive-DUO/m-p/544860#U544860

to see if it can get you anywhere.

Thank you for your effort but I already went further than that. BTW, ext2fsd handles also ext4. I have already did all recovery steps listed in the de-bricking guide you cited. The data is definitely gone. At this moment it seems that the MBLD software caused the disaster. For unknown reason, it went into initialization mode and destroyed file systems on entire RAID 1 array. Because I do not know what caused it, I am not going to take risk of using it MBLD again. I dismounted drives, I will perform physical formatting and reuse drives for other purposes. Currently, I am migrating data from other two MBLDs to avoid further loses. I’m done with MBLD.