Crawler stops after a while

Hi,

I have My Book Live Duo 4TB (updated to 2.43.03-022). Inside “Public/Shared Images” folder I have about 20K photos.

Remote Access  is enabled and crawler works for a while, scans 1-2K photos and then stops. 

I have to restart the device for the crawler to start again. It scans some photos, I can see them in wd2go and then it stops again.

I check that it stops working through ssh connection, using ‘top’ command. I know that crawler has a low priority, but no other process is executing on the device.

Any ideas?

vandervagos

When did you start noticing the media crawler inactivity? Did it happen on a previous firmware release?

The last time I updated the device was a year ago. I didn’t want to do any updates, because I was happy with the performance of the device. I don’t remember the version of the firmware. If you want, I can find it in logs or somewhere else.

Old firmware

I added some photos (~500)  and after 3-4 days I noticed that none of them was crawled. Until then I didn’t had similar problem.

New firmware

I updated the device to the latest firmware and I did a rebuild of the database. Since then I have the behavior I described in my previous post.

Is there a way to find why crawler stops or/and force the crawler to continue?