Copying file properties

Question for the forum - I have mp3 files with properties such as rating, track number, year, etc. And it doesn’t appear these properties are being copied to my Live Book Duo. In fact, I get a message saying that the propeties cannot be copied. Is there a solution that would allow for the file and all of its properties to be copied?

Hi, see if the link below helps. ’

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Book-Live/My-Book-Live-sending-wrong-artist-id3-info-to-iTunes/m-p/452320/highlight/true#M13300

rchap1 wrote:
Question for the forum - I have mp3 files with properties such as rating, track number, year, etc. And it doesn’t appear these properties are being copied to my Live Book Duo. In fact, I get a message saying that the propeties cannot be copied. Is there a solution that would allow for the file and all of its properties to be copied?

How are you doing this?  Are you setting these thru Windows Explorer or something?   My guess is you’re setting Extended NTFS properties instead of actually modifying the MP3’s ID3 tags.

Can you get a screen-shot of the error you’re getting?

Using the MP3 Tag Editor program seemed to work.  Although, I am still getting a warning message asking me to confirm copying to MBLD even though some properties cannot be copied over.  The mp3s themselves copy over, and there are additional desktop setting files that copy appear as text files.  Not sure where those text files came from and they only have the file path listed in the actual text file, with no other information.  It’s weird, but everything seems to work now.

Are these files called “desktop.ini” ?

If so, those are created by Windows when certain Windows-specific properties are set for specific files and folders.