Constantly blinking green light

Has anyone successfully resolved this problem.?  WD hasn’t responded to my requests, and none of the suggestions I’ve come across in the Knowledge Base seem to work.  I would note that when the ethernet cable is disconnected the flashing green stops, which causes me to believe it is some kind of network activity rather than indexing of photos.  The blinking occurs even when my computers are off.  Oddly, for the first three weeks that I had the drive (3tb My Book Live) it went into sleep mode with a blue light on a regular basis.  Very frustrating!

[Update]  Made the mistake of resetting the drive by holding rear the button in for four seconds, and now the drive is not visible at all.  Called Western Digital and spent about 40 minutes with support staff trying to run diagnostics and various other methods of getting the drive recognized on the network, and no luck.  So, I’ve essentially got a $200 dollar brick sitting on my desk with close to 670 gigs of data in limbo.  Again, if anyone has overcome this problem, I’d be glad to know how.